UK Post Study Work Visa
What is the UK Post Study Work?
Most the international student’s desire is to stay in the UK and look for work options after their studies. It’s because the majority of students chose their degree courses based on the future prospect of work experience. There are plenty of opportunities available for international students. UK post-study work visa is one of the prospects initiated by the UK Government for international students to stay and work after studies. The graduate route is designed for the students who have been graduated and awarded their degree from a recognized UK university.
UK Post-study work visa
UK post-study work visa also known as the graduate visa has launched by the UK Government under the TIER-4 visa route for international students on 1 July 2021. Post-study work visa grants permission to stay and work in the UK for at least 2 years for masters and 3 years for Ph.D. students after successful completion of a course in the UK.
Anyone can apply for the post-study work visa if the following conditions are fulfilled:
Successfully completed your degree
You have to be successfully completed your degree and obtain final results if you are applying for the UK post-study work visa. Graduation ceremony attendance is not mandatory. Completion for Ph.D. students is unconditional approval, which is normally the submission of the hardbound thesis.
Must be in the UK
For the application for the post-study work visa, you must have to be in the UK and hold a valid student (or old-style TIER-4) visa.
English Proficiency Requirement
Demonstration of English proficiency such as IELTS and TOEFL is not required for students to apply for a post-study work visa in the UK.
Students will only be eligible to apply for this route once in their lifetime and this visa is not extendable. An application to switch to a different visa category (such as a Skilled Worker Visa) needed to be made before the expiry of the post-study work visa if the applicant wants to stay in the UK after the period of two years.
Separate Immigration Application
The post-study work visa will not be granted automatically to the students. A separate immigration application will need to be submitted and applicants must pay the associated fees.
Fast Track Your Appointments
The application process for the UK post-study work visa:
- Once you have successfully completed your degree and the University has notified UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), you can submit your application. After you have received your final results and your University record has been updated to reflect completion the International Student Office will notify UKVI.
- The applicants would be expected to present an application for it preceding the TIER-4 visa expiry date to accomplish the UK post-study work visa. There would be a charge expected for the application accommodation of a UK post-study work visa that presently hasn’t been decided yet.
What are the basic benefits obtained?
Following are the basic benefits if you will avail UK post-study work visa.
- The newly introduced UK post-study work visa has been deemed to be a responsive strategy after Brexit, especially in order to assure that UK universities would still be the center of qualitative education for foreign talented students opening the doorway to a great number of career opportunities for them.
- It has facilitated a great number of international students in terms of yielding big opportunities relevant to their professional careers.
- UK post-study works visa holders would be allowed to stay in the UK while seeking any kind of job that may ultimately get them to switch their visa type to a general work visa.
How Can Chisty Law Chambers Help You?
- With a powerful team of dedicated professionals and trained counselors, we are capable to meet the benchmarks set by the organisations while ensuring the provision of the best services.
- The highly committed and diligent immigration advisory team efficiently performs the whole corporate drafting and business plan development after having a detailed assessment of the client’s circumstances.
- We provide complete guidelines regarding the whole documentation requirement in addition to other criteria required for the successful grant of a UK Post Study Work.
- We prepare our client’s cases in a fully customized manner depending on the individual situation of the clients and truly facilitate our clients by giving the best possible solutions for any sort of problem in the quickest way.
- Our skillful immigration lawyers provide ultimate consultation to our clients from the beginning of application till completion meanwhile keeping them updated with their application processing.
- We duly complete the submission of our client’s application and keep communicating with the immigration authorities until the successful results are accomplished.