UK Citizenship / Passport
What is UK Citizenship?
In order to avail all kinds of rights given to UK nationals and carry a UK passport, you must become a UK citizen. You can apply for UK citizenship via distinct categories depending upon your individual circumstances.
What are the eligibility criteria for UK Citizenship?
You have to be of 18 years or older along with accomplishing a privilege to acquire permanent residency in the UK or retaining the status of indefinite leave to remain (ILR). There are different ways by which you can become eligible to apply for the UK citizenship under the complete guidance of our expert consultancy team of Chisty Law Chambers.
British Citizenship by Birth or by Descent:
You may automatically be recognized as a British national if you were born in the UK after 1st January 1983. However, you may also be eligible if you were born abroad to at least one parent who is a British citizen or settled person.
British Citizenship by Marriage:
To apply for British nationality as the spouse or civil partner of a UK citizen, you must first have spent at least 3 years in the UK as a settled person (either holding Indefinite Leave to Remain or EU Settled Status).
After 5 years of residence in the UK, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. After another 12-month period as a settled person, you are allowed to submit your application for British nationality. The same applies to EU and EEA citizens on the EU Settled Scheme.
Citizenship for “stateless” individuals:
If you are “stateless” and are thus not recognized as a citizen of any country, you may be eligible to be a British citizen. Both your eligibility and the application process you need to follow, depend on the country where you were born.
Nationality for those who renounced it:
If you gave up your British Citizenship, you may eventually be allowed to resume your status.
It is the process by which you can apply for the UK Citizenship in case you were not born in the UK. In accordance with the British nationality act, eligibility criteria for the immigrants applying for ‘Naturalisation’ are as following:
Must be of 18 years or over
- Have spent at least 5 years of continuous residence in the UK, with no longer than 450 days outside the UK
- Have held the status of Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK for at least 12 months
- Meet the B1 CEFR level English language requirements (unless exempt)
Have passed the Life in the UK test to show that you are aware of the basics of the British customs, traditions, and culture
- Not involved in breach of any UK immigration rules
Demonstrated that they meet the Good Character requirement
Fast Track Your Appointments
How long does it take for the UK citizenship processing?
Well, the maximum time usually taken for the processing of an application regarding acquiring UK citizenship is up to 6 months. However, the UK citizenship verdict is generally given in almost 3 months on average by the Home Office.
What are the benefits of UK citizenship?
- You would be able to permanently live in the UK along with other rights including owning property, opening a bank account, and getting married without any restrictions.
- UK Citizens are free to own complete access to government unemployment benefits and job search services in addition to doing employment without any work permit or other requirements.
- You can attain education of every level at Home Student rates rather than higher pay rates for international students.
- You may also be eligible for having access to U.K. student loans.
- Like any UK citizen, you will be allowed to experience free medical care through the U.K. Health services as well as other social facilities.
How can Chisty Law Chambers Help You?
With a powerful team of dedicated professionals and trained counselors, we are capable to meet the benchmarks set by the organisations while ensuring the provision of the best services.
The highly committed and diligent immigration advisory team efficiently performs the whole corporate drafting and business plan development after having a detailed assessment of clients’ circumstances.
We provide complete guidelines regarding the whole documentation requirement in addition to other criteria required for the successful grant of UK citizenship.
We prepare our client’s case in a fully customised manner depending on the individual situation of the clients and truly facilitate our clients by giving the best possible solutions for any sort of problem in the quickest way.
Our skillful immigration lawyers provide ultimate consultation to our clients from the beginning of application till completion meanwhile keeping them updated with their application processing.
We duly complete the submission of our client’s application and keep communicating with the immigration authorities until the successful results are accomplished.